Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Conditioning and other Volleyball topics.
This tip will help you stay in shape or get in shape for your upcoming season that will be here before you know it.
Course of Action:
1. Play in at least one league all of the time.
2. Do not play only indoor volleyball. If you spend most of your time playing inside, try and get involved in an outdoor league or beach volleyball.
3. Play 2 person beach volleyball whenever possible, this will help every part of your game.
4. Begin a running schedule, if you do not have one already. Training is not just for the off-season.
5. 2 key exercises to do are running at least 8 – 10 miles a week and getting involved in a jumping program or plyometrics.
1. The more you play the better, but do not do more than your body is capable of handling.
2. Cross-train when time permits. Getting involved in other sports is good because it will help you develop muscles that you may not use during the volleyball season.
You might think yur soo good untill you start playing and it gets really hard.PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT!!!!! from a beginner
Thank you for the tip. It is important to run frequently, but not to much to wear yourself out. You should work on technique, AND running!
THIS IS GREAT AND IT REALLY DOES WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do not forget about the basics of passing and setting try to get lots of reps with the ball so you dont get rusty
You should not run that much, it will lower your vertical.
Thank you. Sometimes I have a tendency to gain weight and slack off in the offseason.