Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Camp Ideas and other Volleyball topics.
If you've never run a camp before, here's a basic sequence you might want to consider. It gives players a logical sequence of events, in the order they will happen in game situations, and allows coaches to build on each prior step as they move to the next skill:
1) Serving begins everything. With no serve a team never scores.
2) Passing. Without a good pass, running an offense isn't possible.
3) Setting. Once the ball is passed to the net, someone has to redirect it to the proper places.
4) Spiking. Although everyone wants to do this first, it's really #4 in the overall scheme of things.
5) Blocks. It's the most advanced skill in the game, and generally only comes into play in the more advanced levels.
Brought to you by www.spikenashbar.com - the world´s leading volleyball supplier